Wednesday, December 08, 2010

lucky 13

In my whopping 13th post of the year, I thought I would update everyone on the state of affairs 'round here.

First, turns out Latte is a HE, not a SHE. We ate a lot of crow for that one. He is still holding a bit of a grudge. Here he is, all filled out and healthy:


Next, in a moment of sinus-infection-induced insanity, I allowed my daughter to bring a kitten home from our mother-daughter weekend. Falls under the "It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time" category. Here is Zipper, or the Kamikaze Kitten, as I've taken to calling him. (He also responds to "HEY!!! GET OFF THE TABLE!!!!!" Though not very well.)


We went to New England this summer--did Niagara Falls, the Adirondacks, the White Mountains, and Acadia National Park all in about 12 days. Here is our family at Acadia:


Finally, I turned 40 this year, on the beach at Sanibel Island. Not a bad way to go.


I've been writing, though not for the public eye just yet. My manuscript is at 45,000 words. The goal is between 70 and 80,000. My desire is to get back to blogging, because I miss it. Twice a week in 2011 is my goal. Was my goal for 2010, too, but who's counting?

So, that's the last six months in a nutshell. Bub is still flip-flopping at the gym, sings in a Christian rock band (I know, she's 11--craziness, right?), and is in middle school. Buddy is in Taekwando, loves him some Legos, and is in 2nd grade. The hubby has a new job, I still have a job, we still have a house, and all is right with the world.

Here's to getting back to writing for no other reason than just because.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you posting again. Ya know, you can do the micro-blog thing and get more interaction...it's called Facebook. :) However, it does come with an addiction warning. But if you are disciplined, it can give you lots of motivation to write!

can't remember my login stuff, guess you'll just have to guess who I am.

oh, and welcome to the 40s.

Cindy Knull said...

It's about darn time. But knowing me, you know I wouldn't have said, 'darn'. Miss you.

lorie said...

Hey Cindy!!! Miss you, too!!! And I wouldn't have said "darn," either. (:)) Wanna gram lunch after the kids are back in school in January?

So, if you're you, then that blows my guess on who anonymous was!