Monday, November 09, 2009

stats

So, I posted ONCE in October. That could have something to do with having had two major sinus infections and a bout of bronchitis. It could also have something to do with having four weekends away within a five-weekend month. Furthermore, it could possibly have something to do with the general malaise that set in around here, likely as a result of both. At any rate, there was no writing taking place, here or anywhere.

I wonder sometimes what the heck I'm doing here. Blogs almost seem passe now, what with FaceBook and all. I know they are entirely different beasts, but who bothers to read a blog post when updates "thrown" up on the "wall" are so much quicker and easier to read? I try to remind myself that updates are not what I'm about here--that I'm trying to really write something of substance. But when most people just check in for updates, and they're all people I already know, how is that meeting my objective?

What IS my objective? And could it better be met elsewhere?

And while we're at it, what the heck am I doing with my life? Ugh.

Two more days left on the antibiotic. Perhaps the malaise will lift when the steriod finally wears off and I stop wanting to crawl out of my skin. In the meantime, I'll try not to take myself too seriously.

I'd be much obliged if you'd do the same.

2 comments:

The Random Yak said...

Some of us still read blogs...exclusively. Including yours, though I admit to lurking via Bloglines as opposed to clicking through. When you read upwards of 50 regularly, it's just easier to utilize the reader.

As it happens, though, some of us out here in the ether do notice when you publish, and pay attention to what you have to say. I can't speak to your objective, but I can at least reassure you that someone is listening.

Keep fighting the good fight. Steroids suck. Life is good.

R. Yak

lorie said...

Wow. Fifty blogs. That's a lot! I'm honored to be on the list!

Good to know someone is listening--thanks for the encouragement. I will keep throwing it out there.

LOVED The post about your neighbor and the leafblower. HYSTERICAL.