Wednesday, November 02, 2005

love letters, revisited

For being the kind of man who cooks dinner, clears off the counters, runs the dishwasher, occasionally empties it and on a rare occasion returns dishes to their correct locations…

For being the kind of man who loves music and leaves and camping and symphonies and beauty and children and family and art…

For being the kind of man who cleans the house while I’m at work on a Saturday, in between gymnastics lessons and making lunch and running errands and naptime and “Daddy, will you play Barbie’s with me…”

For being the kind of man who cries when he buries the cat…

For being the kind of man who gets up at dark-thirty to go running so he can be healthy but not have it interfere with family time…

For being the kind of man who creates things like “Tickle Fest” and “Milkshake Night” and “Daddy Dates…”

For being the kind of man who has (finally) learned to say, “I’m sorry. I was wrong…”

For being the kind of man who works hard, works smart, works ethically, works as if unto the Lord…

For being the kind of man who would pursue me, marry me, put up with me, and pursue me all over again…

I love you.

1 comment:

Lefty Sloane said...

Where are my tissues!? I can feel the love. It is my prayer that every Christian marriage would reflect the love, compassion, joy and depth that you speak of here.
I used to think love like yours was only in the movies. The Lord showed me when he sent Dave. Life will always be different for me because of him.It is truly as though God uses Dave to hug me and love me. But I bet you have experienced that too, haven't you?