Thursday, January 08, 2009

i am happiest when...

...curled up on my couch by the fire (or, in our current house, the candles), under a blanket with a good book, a warm cup of tea, and a purring cat.
...snuggling in bed with my kiddos on a cold morning (as long as they both go back to sleep!).
...hiking at a new park.
...looking for shells (like I need MORE shells) on Sanibel. (Like I could stop picking them up if I tried.)
..."on stage" in my living room, singing along to Wicked, or Mamma Mia, or Grease, or whatever is on the stereo.
...singing. Period.
...creating.
...writing.
...exploring a new place with my husband.
...crawling in to my heated bed on a cold evening.
...Christmas music is on every station.
...surrounded by friends and family.
...everything around me is in its place.
...it is 75 degrees and sunny.
...laughing. A good, hearty, tears-in-your-eyes-could-pee-your-pants-or-shoot-milk-out-your-nose kind of laugh.
...playing cards.
...doing something new.
...spending time with the people I love.
...exercising regularly.
...enjoying God's creation.
...taking pictures.
...practicing gratitude.
...eating a really good meal, especially in a really nice atmosphere.
...eating. Period.
...alone.
...not alone.
...taking an afternoon nap.
...sleeping in without guilt.
...the snow day falls on my day off.
...school cancels the night before.
..."counseling" my daughter before bed. ("Am I like one of your clients, Momma? Because you listen to me and help me feel better...")
...singing the same lullaby to my son, again.
...my children are laughing.
...my husband is smiling.
...there is time to decompress.
...allowing myself to be happy...

2 comments:

cj said...

I'm happiest when I eat too. Like right now, I want to be happy so I'm going to go eat. Thanks for the reminder.

from the royal fortress meadow said...

They say he is richest whose pleasures are cheapest-- sounds like you can afford to overindulge.
KP